Assistant Technical Manager, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Permanent
Our client are a massive food business based in Buckinghamshire who are looking for a Quality Manager to join the team.
This is a business dedicated to continuously growing and improving so this is a fantastic opportunity to jump on board.
• 9-5, Monday – Friday
• Ensure adherence to all food safety standards and legislation to meet internal and external requirements with particular emphasis on BRC accreditation and ISO accreditation. Including, but not limited to: implementation and development of the company Quality and Food Safety Management System
• Contributing to the delivery, evaluation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing facility to provide operational effectiveness and ensure technical integrity
• Reviewing all non-conformances and customer complaints
• Assisting with management of the internal audit schedule
• Responsible for the completion, maintenance and control of all technical documentation including internal and external specifications / technical requirements
• Approving and auditing all suppliers and maintain an approved suppliers’ database
• To lead, motivate and develop the Technical Department with the Technical Manager
• To advise management on current, potential or future issues that may affect the business in a timely and effective manner
• To initiate continuous improvement measures enhancing levels of productivity
• To be current and provide advise continually on changing Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Labeling, Health and Safety Legislations
• To assist in leading the BRC team in maintaining the company’s A grade BRC accreditation status.
What’s on offer:
• £30,000 - £40,000 salary, D.O.E.
• Very attractive holiday and benefits package
• 2 years of working at a senior QA level in the food industry, preferred
• BRC-audit and supplier-audit exposure, essential
Please get in touch with Justin Reid at D R Newitt Recruitment if you’re interested in finding out more about this role.