Job type: Permanent
Title: Technical Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
The opportunity has opened up for a Technical Manager to join a chilled food manufacturer in the Derbyshire region. You would be joining a family run business that has a successful 30 year history.
Benefits: Attractive salary, car allowance, laptop, phone, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays). Working hours would be Monday – Friday, standard working hours plus anything else required by due to business demand
Role / Description
• Overall responsibility for the site’s food safety, quality, legality and specifications.
• Point of contact for all technical issues/queries
• Technical point of contact for customers
• Update and maintain site HACCP plan
• Manage and take a lead on audits, including external audits and visits from customers or local authorities, internal hygiene, system and quality audits.
• Responsible for the site’s continuous improvement and corrective action systems
• Authorise raw material and finished product specifications
• Degree qualified in food science or related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within a quality/technical function in food manufacturing.
• Experience working with chilled foods.
• Experience dealing with at least one major retailer.
If you would like to apply for this position, or would like more information, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Amy on 0161 833 0181.
D R Newitt provide recruitment services to the UK, Ireland, Middle East and Worldwide FMCG market, including manufacturing, engineering and technical jobs.
Established as a FMCG recruitment agency in 2002, D R Newitt’s experience of working with customers in these core markets enables us to be a key partner in recruiting within the supply chain.
If you are working within a Food, Drink or FMCG Manufacturing industry and this position is not necessarily suitable, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.drnewitt.com to view our other positions.