Analytical Services Manager (ASM) – Product Testing., North West England
Sector: Scientific Lab
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Analytical Services Manager (ASM) – Product Testing – Cosmetics and Household
Manchester/ UK Wide
ASM for a global FTSE 100 company to sell the companies’ fantastic cosmetics and Household products into the UK’s largest retailers and grocers. Due to the continued growth and expansion of the company they are looking to expand their team based in Manchester. This company is a market leader and has international reach across a variety of sectors, and because of this the opportunity for self-development and progression is unparalleled within the industry.
To act as an interface between the customer and the laboratory in the reporting and interpretation of Test Report in the Product Testing Categories.
Role and responsibilities:
• To assist and advise on the selection of appropriate tests, act as the principal contact for customers, and coordinate the service between the laboratory and the customer.
• To follow up on sample status, reporting and interpretation of results.
• Advise customers on appropriate testing regimes based on current legislation and industry practice.
• Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
• To prepare and update quotations for existing customers.
• To support the sales team in the identification of customers’ needs and recommendation of testing requirements.
• To have a sound understanding of chemistry, substances and mixtures and how these principles can be applied to the relevant legislation.
• Keep up to date with current techniques, topics and legislation that order to advise and its customers on accurate implementation of their requirements.
• To review product labelling with reference to legislative requirements and produce comparative reports.
• To create and maintain appropriate report templates as legislations and standards change.
• To assist the laboratory in applying the best practice and interpretation of results.
• To report and communicate results to clients
• The post-holder may be required to work outside normal working hours to meet the requirements of customer. This will be with prior agreement of the Manager.
• Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy, reliability and repeatability of test results.
• To generate client specific reports with conclusions with a high level of quality and technical competence.
• To support the laboratory when requested in carrying out testing where appropriate training is in place.
Must have knowledge and experience:
• To have a basic understanding of costing and pricing strategies and assist in the preparation of commercial proposals for clients.
• To raise invoices when required and handle customer invoice queries.
• To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the company standard.
• Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
• Read and comply with company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company.
• To operate in line with Quality systems with specific reference to retailer standards, reporting, contract review, complaints and non-conformances.
Health and Safety
• All staff has a duty to work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), COSHH Regulations (1988) and other relevant policies and procedures.
Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
• Basic salary of 23 K (depending on experience)
• Great Pension Scheme
• 33 days Holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Gary Laverty on 0161 833 0181.
Gary Laverty / Senior Consultant
+44 (0) 161 833 0181