Maintenance Engineer (Nights)
Location: DNU 2
Job type: Permanent
DRNewitt present a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Shift Supervisor to join our client based in Scunthorpe. Joining the team on a full time permanent basis. Working hours are 42 hours per week (Averaged) 12 hour shifts covering both days and nights 4 on 4 off (2 days, 2 nights).
The primary role of the Engineering Shift Supervisor is to supervise the engineering resource on shift, prioritise and assist in the repair of equipment breakdowns as quickly and effectively as possible to limit their effects on the site production targets. Be proactive with their team in the continuous improvement and planned maintenance programmes for all site equipment and processes and to be accountable for both the delivery and quality of the teams work.
Duties of the Engineering Shift Supervisor include;
- Hands on management of the shift based engineering resource; prioritise incoming breakdown work requests
- Assist in determining the root cause and rectification of any faults on the production process lines
- Manage, assist and be accountable for in shift planned routine maintenance tasks within all areas of the site and repair of any issues found.
- To be proactive with their shift team in the equipment / process continuous improvement programme
- Carry out routine equipment installations as required
- Any changes made to PLC programmes will be backed up and any other changes made to equipment installations or settings must be updated in the required files or manuals and communicated to the day shift engineering team.
- Responsible for the contacting of external suppliers / technical support
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Engineering Shift Supervisor;
- Electrical skills and knowledge are essential
- Working hands on Supervisor
- A good working relationship is required with O.E.M. technical support departments, preferred contractors and spare parts suppliers.
- Craft Apprenticeship or equivalent tech. training (multi-skilled electrical / mechanical)
- Min. 3 years in FMCG environment
- Working knowledge of PLC fault finding on Allen Bradley and ability to go on line.
- Working knowledge of inverters and control systems
- Working knowledge of fluid mechanics & drive systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, my client is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become their Engineering Shift Supervisor – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join the third largest snack manufacturer in the UK!