Food Technologist, East Midlands
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
My client is a successfull Food Manufacturer servicing an impressive range of customers with an exciting product base...
To support in driving continuous improvement and providing guidance to teams on site with adherence to relevant standards, policies, legalisation and regulations.
• Drive effective traceability process on site and present accurate trace data to customers and internal stake holders in a timely and professional manner.
• Check and file certificate, delivery note for incoming materials and QA paperwork.
• Carry out Hygiene, GMP and internal audits according to schedule.
• To assist and lead Root Cause investigation when incidents or trends appear.
• To assist investigation on complaint trends ensuring preventive measures are put in place.
• Assist in the training of Quality Management Procedures, and subjects linked to Food safety & Quality culture as appropriate.
• Support on maintaining up to records of supplier specification and accreditation.
• Monitor “Realtime online” temperature alarms and action when required.
• Challenge hygiene practices and standards with the aim of reducing food safety incidences.
• Assist in keeping standard operating procedures and other food safety documents up to date.
• To perform & challenge annual CCP & prerequisite verifications
• Proactively support all initiatives to improve product safety and quality across the company.
Skills and Knowledge
• Degree in food Science/Technology or Science related discipline.
• Graduate with Food industry experience will be an advantage.
• A confident communicator and team player.
• Organized, keen eye for detail and can work to deadline.
• Data Analysis and MS office.
Commitment: Ability to meet area targets within set timescales
Communication Skills: To communicate effectively with team members and line management.
Energy: The ability to create and maintain a level of appropriately directed activity, capacity to work hard, drive and stamina.
Organisation: Ability to work in a safe and organised manner, completing all records as required.
MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.