QA Manager, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking to work for a successful Food Business?
Our client is a well established and growing business with a reputation for delivering the best in terms of quality. With a strong technical team in place, this is an excellent opportunity to develop one's career while being part of a smart and forward thinking company!
Reporting into the Technical Manager, you will identify, champion and drive continuous improvement in quality standards within the Technical department and across the business. You will ensure compliance to retailer, BRC and regulatory standards while supporting operations in short to long term strategies surrounding product quality.
• Accountable for ensuring site’s quality management systems are up to date and is compliant with food safety, legality and quality of all products manufactured on site.
• Set the direction for the QA Team, as well as manage, review and monitor the performance of the team.
• Ensure all quality, safety and legal related issues are reported to site Technical Manger.
• Strategic lead and role model for Quality within the Multi-disciplinary team including cross-functional support aligned with operations and Engineer.
• Promote quality and safety by leading by examples coaching and challenging unsafe practises and behaviour.
• Ensure site root cause analysis is identified and continuous improvement plans are implemented.
Ensure site audit status is maintained and improved.
• The successful candidate will have proven track record in food manufacturing within Quality Assurance.
• Ideally hold a degree or equivalent and will be familiar to working in if not leading a HACCP team.
• Have experience working to BRC and you must have previous experience managing a team.
• Ability to communicate across the business from a more junior to senior level, ready to display a can do attitude.
Continued expansion makes this an attractive opportunity in terms of career progression. Our client offers an excellent package including Bonus, Pension, Private Health Care and Life Assurance.
Monday- Thursday 8:30-17:00, Friday 8:30-16:00pm, there will be the need to demonstrate some flexibility when required.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.