Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join this professional yet friendly outfit...
1. Ensure without compromise that the quality and accuracy of the despatch, transportation and distribution of products are maintained at the highest possible levels at all times.
2. Manage driver route allocations, holiday and sick leave cover to ensure all customer needs are met.
3. Effectively manage a team and ensure all Company processes are followed.
4. Safeguard the integrity of deliveries both before and after loading onto the vans.
5. Maintain, monitor and improve as necessary all transport administration procedures along with any associated documentation to ensure the efficient and effective operation of systems.
6. Ensure drivers are well presented each day – they are representative of the Company with our customers. Ensure appropriate uniform, safety wear and required PPE is worn at all times.
7. Ensure that all staff within the department are trained and developed in accordance with both the business and individual needs.
8. Report results and ensure effective communication of management information as necessary and at management meetings.
9. Ensure that all departmental, Company and legislative Health & Safety and hygiene requirements, standards and procedures are met and are constantly and consistently adhered to.
10. Actively promote a harmonious atmosphere with sales team and seek ways to continuously improve the quality of service provided by the department.
The ideal candidate will have previous management experience in a multi-drop, time sensitive delivery environment. Solid man management and route planning skills will be required and a thorough knowledge and understanding of transport issues. CPC qualification is desirable although this is not a must have- training will be provided.
HOURS OF WORK
This position requires a working week of 45 hours per week, Monday – Saturday and must be prepared to work weekend and evening work, part or all of six days a week. The starting times would be around 2.00am and would usually finish after a 9½ hour shift excluding ½ hour unpaid break period. There would be paid coffee breaks during this period.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.