Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer based in Dorset, near Stalbridge. Now an opportunity arises to join the team!
Your role as QA Technician will be to ensure that all products manufactured comply with quality, safety,and legality standards and that the factory is complies to GMP standards as required by BRC, Best Practice, and our customer standards.
This is a hands on role within the factory, however, good administration skills are also of key importance in order to complete all documentation and paperwork as required.
You will have an understanding of HACCP, BRC and other quality / food safety standards and procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a young progressive company, with excellent career prospects for the right candidate.
• Monitor quality and GMP standards throughout the site working with production to resolve any quality issues.
• Conduct daily factory QA checks e.g: accurate paperwork completion, traceability, process controls, sieve checks, weight controls, quality standards, temperature controls, metal detection, knife control, raw material tracking, GMP etc.
• Maintain the internal calibration schedule for scales and thermometers.
• Arrange product taste panels and feedback to production.
• Conduct shelf life taste panel assessments
• Working to the prescribed schedule, arrange collection and microbiological testing of all products, environmental swabs and water samples.
• Working to the prescribed schedule, arrange collection and nutritional testing of all products within 6 weeks of launch and then annually.
• Working to the prescribed schedule, arrange collection and allergen testing of all products and equipment swabs.
• Maintain the Certificate of Analysis / Conformance file for both raw materials and packaging (contact materials).
• To maintain the database of nutritional results.
• Assist operations in fault finding to improve quality, cost optimisation and promote a continuous improvement culture.
• Management of the site pest control contractors. Ensuring that any recommendations made by the contractor are carried out and monitored and that completion of corrective action is supported by documented evidence.
• Conduct Traceability and Recall exercise to a set schedule.
• Any other duties as outlined by the Technical Manager to facilitate continual improvements to the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Best Practice.
You must have previous experience in Food Manufacturing. My client is keen to take someone on who will be interested in progressing within 6-12 months.
MON-FRI flexible between 9am-5pm or 8am-4pm
20 Days holiday + stats
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.