Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking to work for a successful Food Manufacturer?
Our client is a reputable business with a track record for providing an excellent service to an enviable customer base. Over time this site has demonstrated a strong combination of tradition and innovation, ensuring a comfortable position at the forefront of food manufacturing excellence.
Reporting into the Technical Manager, you will provide effective leadership and management of the Shift QA Team to achieve site compliance with the Technical policies, procedure standards and specifications.
• Identify Quality system weaknesses and change as necessary to strengthen
• Maintain and improve site work instructions and procedures ensuring BRC and relevant customer compliance
• Co-ordinate the internal audit programmes and use results to improve systems and compliance
• Manage the Non-Conformance database and ensure actions are addressed to the correct personnel, are relevant and closed out in a timely manner
• Maintain and improve the site HACCP system ensuring food safety is not compromised
• Prepare and report quality KPI’s to ensure management and factory staff, including timely updating of the quality information boards
• Ensure the site quality system, records and factory compliance is audit ready, including produce traceability and mass balance
• Analyse non-conformance data for trends and set in place action plans to address
• Co-ordinate various technical improvement projects
• Co-ordinate continuous improvement trials
• Ensure inspection and test equipment is accurate and maintained
• Ensure root cause analysis and preventative measures are put in place for investigated complaints
• Management of various Technical contractors, for example, Pest Control
• Order and maintain supply of quality consumables
• Perform stand in duties for the site Technical Manager
• Develop as stand in for the Quality Manager
• Work with NPD to ensure that new product launch within the factory is a seamless process between NPD with the incorporation into the plant QMS
• QA Manager needs to deputise for the Technical Manager when external bodies are auditing the site
Degree level minimum or equivalent in a related discipline, e.g. Food Science, Quality Systems
Experience of Quality System Auditing
Third Part & Internal Lead Auditor (Desirable)
HACCP Intermediate / Advanced
Advanced Food Hygiene
BRC and major retailer audit experience
Continuous Improvement – Use of quality tools
Leadership of a small team within an FMCG environment (Desirable)
Why should you join this business?
This company has set itself a very stretching growth challenge that will drive change, opportunity and excitement. With this business you can enjoy an open management policy which cascades throughout the business – the Group owners & MD are very approachable and visible. Culturally this is an organization that embraces change and welcomes new ideas!
25 Days holiday + stats
Pension 3% matching
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.