Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Do you have high risk/high care experience?
Our client is a reputable business with a track record for providing an excellent service to an enviable customer base. Over time this site has demonstrated a strong combination of tradition and innovation, ensuring a comfortable position at the forefront of food manufacturing excellence.
Reporting into the Technical Director, you will work closely with production departments and ensure the process and finished products meet all food safety, quality and customer requirements. You will ensure that the Company Quality Policy/Site Quality Policy are implemented and understood by all staff. The Quality Assurance Manual is communicated as appropriate to enable adherence to the overall Site Quality Management System. You will be responsible for all aspects of food safety, quality, legality whilst ensuring compliance with all current Codes of Practice applicable to food production at the site.
• All aspects of food quality, safety and legality are measurably maintained to best standards by consistent application of comprehensive due diligence arrangements including HACCP.
• The site’s products are prepared and produced cost effectively in full compliance with legal standards and prescribed specifications.
• Drives sustainable continuous improvement initiatives to;
o Reduce the level of Customer complaints
o Continually strive to improve site GMP standards whilst implementing an industry standard level of High Care GMP
o Meet FSA, third party and customer expectations of the future
o Ensure the site’s systems are fully compliant to future legislative, customer and third party standards/codes of practice
• To develop and deliver the technical strategy and policies for the site, ensuring they are aligned with the business strategy.
• Maintain the site’s ongoing customer approval status and third party accreditations with a view to achiving the highest level of compliance.
• To deliver a consistent approach to food safety and product quality across the site by benchmarking, challenging, training and effective auditing.
• To achieve and exceed our customer’s expectations in areas of technical ability demonstrated through site system development and support to the Technical Director.
• Be the key contact for customers (including major retailers and food service companies), with responsibilities for liaising with and exceeding customer’s expectations.
• Co-ordinate and manage customer and associated organisation site visits, audits and inspections with a view to demonstrating the organisations capability, ensuring any subsequent follow-up actions are implemented and verified enabling a timely closeout.
• Play an active role within the NPD process, ensuring technical risks or issues are identified early in the development stage.
• Drive effective collaboration between production, quality and process control to continually improve our product perception.
• Provide the necessary support and development to the Technical team to help them realise their potential, ensuring suitable succession plans are in place.
• Develop strong, corporate customer and government body relations.
• Support the development and management of core business protocols.
• To assist factory wide to ensure a quality focus and continuously identify areas of QA/QC that may be improved upon and recommend and introduce appropriate change.
• Coordinates technically biased projects – internal and externally driven.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a senior quality / technical leadership role within the food industry.
• Sound knowledge of High Risk or High Care manufacturing processes and associated standards.
• Strong influencing skills at all levels from shop floor to boardroom.
• Recent experience of supplying major UK retailers.
• Proven ability to lead and develop a large team.
• A track record of implementing sustainable continuous improvement activities of a technical nature.
• Proven experience in the implementation of effective Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
• Experience in chilled or short shelf life food manufacture
• Degree qualified in Food Science/Technology or HND qualified with significant (10 years) food industry experience.
• Level 4 HACCP
• Level 4 Food safety
• Meat or poultry processing experience.
• Experience as a Waitrose supplier.
• ISO Lead Auditor
Mon-Fri (830am-5pm) flexible during busy times or audits
Pension 5% er 3%ee
4x life assurance
30+3 christmas banks holidays
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.