Location: East England
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a successful and well-established Food Manufacturer. With an impressive range of customers in place now is an excellent time to join this progressive company.
• Identify, develop and drive implementation of packaging solutions that add value in line with the business plan and group packaging strategy
• To reliably inform the business of new packaging innovations that could provide cost efficiencies or other competitive advantages.
• To support Production, Technical and Engineering teams in the smooth running of all packaging formats through the trialling and first production of new packaging items.
• To develop and maintain close working relationships with the relevant external supplier technical resource, the commercial team, and production teams at all relevant sites.
• Control and monitor value added packaging development including: competitor product analysis, benchmarking of both national and international markets with the intention of leading the market, innovative packaging design and packaging format optimisation.
• Support Sales /Marketing (Commercial) by performing presentations to Retailers on Packaging initiatives/developments to support business change.
• Plan, coordinate and implement production trials within both the development and cost saving processes in line with business objectives.
• To agree and maintain specifications for all packaging components.
• To ensure competitive advantage with the implementation of a continuous improvement program for existing packaging materials, ensuring that they are optimised for cost, quality, production efficiency and enhanced performance through the supply chain
• Communicate a budget spend with the relevant budget holder and generate concept development visuals with external suppliers to illustrate packaging concepts
• Work with potential suppliers to develop tool drawings, models, pilot samples and sign off commissioned tooling for any new components
• Manage a 12 month strategic packaging plan, covering value added growth opportunities and cost saving initiatives.
• Manage and prioritise a packaging development schedule detailing project, saving, and benefit etc.
• To work within the team structure, showing the required core competencies commensurate with the job role, namely adding value, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and team working.
• Provide technical support/troubleshooting skills to Operations as required.
• Prepare or contribute to packaging related justifications for capital expenditure.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of all aspects of packaging technology, identifying those trends and developments which can enhance product performance and efficiency.
• Perform internal presentations on packaging developments and trends.
• Continually review and improve the environmental and ethical impact of packaging and its development across all substrates, materials and technologies
• Ensure all packaging components are safe and meet all appropriate legislation.
• Provide appropriate cover for other Packaging Managers within the function.
• Ideally, Degree or IOP diploma in packaging technology.
• A thorough working knowledge of a wide range of packaging materials
• Self-motivated with a forward thinking approach.
• Project management, with good inter-personal skills and the ability to be an effective member of multi-functional teams
• Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with customers and suppliers resulting in consistent project delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Good level of IT literacy required for project management and packaging related software.
• Ability to manage a large number of projects whilst under pressure and demanding time constraints.
• Able to negotiate with both internal and external contacts to manage the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
• Resilience to drive packaging and process changes through the business.
MON-FRI Office Hours
38 Hours per week
Pension Employee 5%, Employer 8%+
Car Allowance £ 5,325
Private Medical (family cover with £100 excess per person covered)
Critical Illness cover if you pay 5% or more into pension
25 Days Holidays + Stats
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.