Location: South East England
Job type: Permanent
My client is a well-established Food Manufacturing Group and a market leader. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join this professional yet friendly outfit...
An opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Coordinator in Purfleet, Essex. The main purpose of this role is to provide quality control and quality assurance support to the Company Purfleet operation.
Reporting to the Lab Manager, the main duties of this role will include:
• Analysing raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and process chemicals, ensuring all data is recorded in the appropriate systems.
• Assessing compliance with specification of materials and organising additional investigative measures and interpretation of data in the event of non- compliance.
• Ensuring compliance with all Company standards and procedures.
• Ensuring all work is conducted safely at all times.
• Maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory equipment, ensuring correct functioning and trouble- shooting where necessary for the site.
• When required involvement in analytical method development and delivery of training as appropriate for the site.
• Provision of support for product development activities when required.
• Ensuring appropriate stocks of chemical and disposable goods are maintained. This includes ordering and associated administration.
• Ensuring effective communication of all relevant data and issues between shifts and with the various process departments.
• Participation in site QA and continuous improvement activities including auditing.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Ideally a degree in chemistry or related scientific discipline.
• Ideally experience working in an analytical laboratory in a manufacturing environment with an understanding of HPLC, ICP and GC.
• Ideally some experience of QA related activities and proven ability to work unsupervised.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Good Computer literacy and numeracy skills.
• The jobholder will be required to work with a range of chemicals and a degree of manual handling.
• The job holder may be required travel on occasions, including overseas.
Benefits include Pension, Health Care cash back scheme, Fitness Reimbursement Scheme
25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.