Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Sector: Health & Safety
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join this professional yet friendly outfit...
1. Develop Environmental Health and Safety strategies in accordance with the needs of the business.
2. Develop, monitor and control of company standards to ensure that there is sufficient information and guidance to facilitate achievement of organisational goals and objectives with appropriate risk identification and control.
3. Drive EH&S standards and service delivery.
4. Develop and continuously improvement a culture where EH&S is core to the activities of the business.
5. Manage the EH&S provision for all sites.
6. Ensure the management team are aware of all EH&S developments.
7. Provide weekly and monthly reports in the UK and international colleagues.
8. Ensure that all EH&S records are up to date and legally compliant.
9. Communicate information with regards to upcoming legislative changes.
10. Provide proactive emergency planning assistance and active incident response support to management teams at all sites.
11. Supervise, train and lead accident and incident reporting, investigations and corrective actions to ensure site adoption of good practice and ensuring issues are closed out in a timely manner.
12. Working with management team(s) to identify applicable training needs and delivering timely EH&S-related training programs and content. Ensuring EH&S compliance training is not only delivered but is effective throughout the business.
13. Working with management team(s) to conduct active site, asset and / or activity hazard assessments, and Job Observations, to identify risk areas and necessary controls to manage risk to an acceptable level.
14. Liaison with statutory, regulatory, advisory and assessment bodies on safety, quality and other business standards.
15. Ensure all sites have adequate environmental emergency response procedures and ensure people are trained accordingly.
16. Assessing and disseminating the impact of new and existing health and safety, environmental, employment and other relevant legislation.
17. Representing the company with clients and other stakeholders.
18. Align our EH&S methodology with the methods used in the business.
19. Deliver cultural change in the business to ensure that all staff is aligned to the goals of “ safety starts with me “ approach meaning any staff member needs to look after their own safety and know what is safe or not and then influence the areas and people around them.
• A relevant professional qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or have NEBOSH National Certificate as a minimum, National Diploma desirable or to be attained within 2 years in post.
• NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is highly desirable or to be attained within 2 years in post.
• Experience of working within the food manufacturing industry is desirabe although applcations are welcome from any manufacturing background
• Experience of successfully managing and motivating a team.
• Working knowledge of H&S accredited standards such as OHSAS 18001.
• Knowledge of effective H&S legislation and its application.
28 Days holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.