Meat Intake QA Technician
Job type: Permanent
My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join this professional yet friendly outfit in what will be an interesting and evolving role...
Reporting into the Purchasing team you will ensure that all raw meats entering the factory fully comply with specification, and that full traceability is maintained.
• Quality Assurance: Responsible for ensuring all Quality Assurance Systems are fulfilling the company’s legislative and regulatory responsibilities. Working in a highly safety and quality focused environment you will ensure that all appropriate control mechanisms are carried out and are being adhered to.
• Audits: Responsible for ensuring that all QA audits are carried out to the specified frequencies and regularly identifying any changes, informing the relevant personnel of these. Ensuring that the products produced and the environment within which manufacturing takes place is in line with legislative requirements and adhering to customer specifications.
• HACCP: Ensuring all CCP’s are carried out and adhered to throughout the site.
• Site Hygiene: In conjunction with the Senior QA Auditor ensure high standards of hygiene are achieved across the site in compliance with regulations and Codes of Practice.
Technical Documentation: Ensure technical documentation is accurate and completed on time with due diligence.
1. To maintain documented traceability for all raw meats entering the site.
2. To ensure that raw meats fully comply with specification, carrying out checks on all raw meats entering the site.
3. Ensure that all raw materials are from approved suppliers and flag up any issues with the relevant personnel.
4. Ensure that all raw meat entering the site fully complies with the Food Safety Act, meat Hygiene Regulations and all relevant legislation.
5. Manage raw material quality issues at intake, liaising with relevant personnel and suppliers as required.
6. Maintain Quality Attribute System, carrying out assessments on all raw meat entering the site to an established frequency.
7. Establish good working relations with technical & production management teams, logistics dept & purchasing dept.
8. Vehicle hygiene & temperature monitoring.
9. Consignment documentation checks.
10. Microbiological/Chemical Test sampling.
11. Stock Control Audits.
12. GMP Audits: Raw intake, Coldstore, Yard, Grounds & Perimeter.
13. Trouble shooting/Problem solving.
14. Equipment calibration as necessary.
15. To be aware of any new or updated procedures.
16. To ensure any foreign body hazards are removed and investigated.
17. Ensure the HACCP system is being followed throughout the site and that personnel are challenged on
You will have experience working with meats ideally coupled with exposure to Quality Assurance within Food Manufacturing. You may come from a butchery background although this is not essential.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.