Head of Technical
Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer and a market leader in the area they specilaise. Now an exciting opportunity arises to join the Senior Management team...
This role will lead the technical function within the group by the delivery of strategic technical objectives. Reporting into the Group Operations Director, key technical responsibilities will include the following:
• Manage product integrity and major retailer relationships at a senior level
• Be an influential member of a cross-functional senior management team
• Play a prominent role in the growth, development and reputation of the business
• Manage the group technical function (7 direct reports)
• Support and drive the development of the site technical teams
• Ensure the on-going certification to BRC, compliance with retailer standards and other legislative standards at the highest possible levels
• Ensure customers quality and technical requirements are achieved for successful product launches
• Ensure compliance with retailer codes of practice
• Participate in industry body working groups.
You will have a proven track record leading the technical function within Food Manufacturing. You may come from any food background more important is your vision to lead the Technical team to support accelerating sales growth. You will be well accustomed to dealing with the demands of the Major Retailers with the ability to develop effective relationships with them.
*The role will require regular UK travel.
Why should you join this business?
This company has set itself a very stretching growth challenge that will drive change, opportunity and excitement. With this business you can enjoy an open management policy which cascades throughout the business – the Group owners & MD are very approachable and visible. Culturally this is an organization that embraces change and welcomes new ideas!
Pension 3% matching
Company Car (+ Fuel Card)
Holidays 25 + 8
Childcare Vouchers/ Shopping Discount Schemes
Free on site parking
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.