Sector: Supply Chain
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Our client, a well-established food manufacturer are looking for a buyer to join the team in the North West. They are looking for an experienced individual to manage and develop the raw material category as well as supporting with indirect spend on packaging and bought in goods.
• To identify, source and develop a network of suppliers to ensure the customer’s needs are always met
• Monitoring commodity markets and reviewing the procurement strategy to deliver the best possible performance against market conditions
• Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers
• Preparing costing forecasts for every eventuality to fully inform the finance team
• To analyse expenditure and performance, identifying areas for improvement
• Tracking and identifying Purchase Price Variance and accounting for the difference
• Analysing the market to account for external sources; foreign exchange rates, global market trade and major events
• Must have a wealth of experience within purchasing roles. Experience within the Food & Drinks manufacturing sector would be ideal but not essential.
• Degree level education; further industry qualifications or membership to CIPS would be desirable
• The ideal candidate will have a confident personality and be able to interact well with all key stakeholders
• Analytical nature as well as the ability to build relationships with customers/suppliers
Why you should apply:
• A salary of up to £36,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
• Annual holidays 27 plus bank holidays
• Fantastic pension contribution, Free child care, cycle to work scheme and other benefits
• Mon-Fri 9-5pm, with an early finish 4pm Friday
If you are interested in the role and wish to find out more about this and other opportunities we have within the FMCG arena, please upload your CV today/apply to the role. Alternatively contact Adam Connett on Adam.Connett@DRNewitt.com.