Operations Director, North West England
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
We’re currently working with a fantastic business with multiple sites in food manufacturing and they’re continuing to develop and grow in all areas. This particular role is working on the dairy side of the business where they have a long established customer base and customers include well-known global brands.
It’s a very exciting time to join the business as the infrastructure continues to develop and grow. Reporting to the CEO, the role of Operations Director is a pivotal role within the group and will form part of the senior management team whose goal it is to consolidate and increase efficiency and profitability across all areas.
Purpose of the role:
• To proactively manage manufacturing activities, optimising operational and financial outcomes across five key sites
• To ensure that the sites/subsidiaries activities comply with relevant UK regulatory and GFSI standards.
• Manage human resource activity to achieve optimum performance, reward and progression.
Job Role & Responsibilities
• Through Business Unit Directors
o Overview of trading activities, stocks and positions taken.
• Through the Technical Manager
o Customer, Supplier and Subcontractor Quality Management.
o Ongoing compliance to all Regulatory, Food Safety and H&S standards
o Appropriate audit programmes exist for Suppliers, Business units and associates.
• Through the HR Advisor
o Recruitment: ensuring that the right people and level of resource are in place.
o Annual reviews are undertaken to drive Training, progression and Succession plans
o Grievance and Disciplinary processes are in place.
o Employee handbook is available for all sites and updated for changes in Employment Law
• Through Site Managers & JV partners
o Optimise site costs and utilisation, to maximise profitability
o Have a strategic Capex, Development and People plan – to take each business forward.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant Food Industry Experience – preferably gained in the Dairy sector.
• Food Technology qualification.
• Experience of GFSI equivalent accreditation standards and process.
• HACCP trained to min L3
• New product development and applications knowledge
• Experience of IT systems/ SAP .
• Site & Commercial Management.
• Lean Manufacturing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with other languages an
• HACCP team member
• Deputises for Technical Manager
• Part of Incident Team
This really is fantastic opportunity for an experienced senior operations/technical candidate who is looking for a challenging role where they are able to make it their own and make a real difference.
The role comes with a competitive salary, car or car allowance, discretionary bonus, private healthcare and company pension.
If this role sounds of interest, please submit your application via this advertisement. Alternatively, you can email your CV to me – email@example.com or call me on 0161 833 0181.
Keywords: Operations Director, Technical Director, Operations Manager, Technical Manager