NPD Assistant, South West England
Sector: New Product Development
Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
I’m currently working with a fantastic FMCG manufacturing business who have over 30 years' experience developing products for well-known brands worldwide.
As part of their continued success and growth, they are looking to recruit a Product Development Executive to support the successful development of private label products for major UK retailers.
• Product Development - support the Product Development Team with day-to-day administration tasks as well as managing the successful development of new and existing product ranges from initial supplier brief through to customer delivery within the laid down timeframe, to the required quality level and meeting internal financial KPI’s for the project.
• Project Management - responsibility for ensuring that the correct documented processes and procedures are following for all elements of the project in the areas of:
Critical path management: for each project, to work with the Account Manager/Product Development Manager to create and maintain a critical path to ensure the project is delivered on time and report on any deviations, which could impact on the delivery of the final project.
Profitability: obtain relevant cost prices and inputting into the correct template, whilst being aware of margin expectations
Compliance: liaise with our Technical team to ensure compliance with current legislation and individual customer requirements
Specifications: generate full and accurate product specifications for use by suppliers
Sampling: Liaise with suppliers to ensure that required samples are delivered in a timely fashion in accordance with the critical path.
• Information management – create and maintain accurate progress notes and overview files of all projects in the correct format
• Continuous Improvement – to work closely with colleagues across the whole business on the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to support customer service and enhance innovation, quality and reliability as well as cost and lead-time reduction
• Educated to Degree Level
• Previous product development
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
This is a great opportunity for a junior NPD candidate who is looking to join a successful global business where development is key. The role comes with a competitive salary, great benefits and flexible working hours. If you’re ready for the challenge, don’t delay in sending your application.
Keywords: NPD, New Product Development, NPD Technologist, NPD Executive, New Product Development