Senior Development Chemist, East Anglia
Sector: Cosmetics/Personal Care
Location: East Anglia
Job type: Permanent
Senior Development Chemist - Beauty / Cosmetics / Personal Care
I’m currently with a fantastic, privately owned business who are growing quickly and manufacture beauty, personal care and household laundry / cleaning products for major retailers in the UK and Europe.
As part of their continued growth, they’re looking to recruit a Senior Development Chemist for their manufacturing site based in Norfolk. The Senior Development Chemist will be developing formulations from the laboratory through to commercialisation as well as managing NPD trials for new products and process.
• Experienced within the formulation, development and management of Personal Care, Organic/Natural, Bath & Body Care, Skin Care Hair Care, Foot Care, Fine Fragrances and Household Laundry Products.
• Designing and developing formulations, working to GMP / BRC standards.
• Continuously research, review and identify new materials and technologies that may form the foundation of future product developments.
• Provide documentation to assist the technical administrator in the preparation of Product Information Files (PIFs) and safety assessments for new products developed.
• Reporting of experimental results and findings which may include oral and/or written presentations to account managers and customers.
• Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality standards for newly developed products.
• Managing the day to day general operation of the NPD lab and technicians including good housekeeping of the lab, records maintained etc.
• Degree qualified in chemistry or science, preferable cosmetic science, however an SCS diploma will also be considered as will three years+ practical experience
• Good knowledge of basic chemistry, including emulsions, emollients, sunscreens, surfactants is essential. Knowledge of formulating bath and body, skin care, hair care, hair styling, sunscreens or organic/natural would be advantageous.
• Experienced with the development of projects as well as line extensions within FMCG
• Experienced with supporting a high volume of new product launches
• Experience with contract manufacturing of low cost to premium branded organic/natural products would be an advantage.
The basic salary for the role is up to £35,000 depending on experience. If you’re looking for a new challenge for a great business that is quickly growing, don’t delay in applying!
Keywords: Development Chemist, Development Scientist, Chemist, Formulation Chemist, Formulation Scientist, Beauty, Cosmetics, Personal Care