Senior Regional Technical Manager
Job type: Permanent
Senior Regional Technical Manager (EMEA)
I’m currently working with a pioneering food ingredient business, who are a leading producer and distributor to the global food and beverage industry. With a global market opportunity, they are one of the largest worldwide producers of their specialist ingredients and the company are anticipating rapid and scalable growth.
Their goal is to improve global health and well-being by providing natural, pure products ideal for a wide variety of food and beverage applications. Primarily, the products are used to enhance the palatability of a variety of food and drinks.
They’re looking to recruit a Senior Regional Technical Manager (EMEA) who will lead the company's technical support in the assigned region. The role will focus on technically assisting top food and beverage accounts in his/her Region by working with partners and distributors, participating in technical events, and coordinate application development efforts in food and beverage products for European consumers.
• Provide technical guidance to customers and team members on optimal approaches to their development opportunities. Build insights based on development learnings that can be used to accelerate customer development timelines.
• Lead application team(s) for commercial and technical evaluation of key ingredients.
• Define and implement development plans that focus on the optimal use of ingredients including, but not limited to, sweeteners, flavors, and functional food ingredients.
• Lead research programs with internal and/or external resources that support fundamental knowledge of ingredients. Manage external resources, including but not limited to sensory and analytical analysis, for the evaluation of strategic ingredients
• Package existing information and fill information gaps required to support the technical sale of the portfolio.
• Coordinate with cross functional teams for market success including sales, marketing, operations, supply chain and customer service
• Establish communication schedule to update key stakeholders on project closures and technical involvements.
• A Bachelor's or Master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience is preferred.
• Experience in the food & beverages’ industry, either in a food ingredients company with sweeteners or flavors or F&B companies’ R&D department (food industry preferred).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clear ability to communicate dynamically with internal and external clients at all levels through to Senior Management