Location: East Midlands
Job type: Permanent
I’m currently working with a multi-award winning family business with a great reputation across their sector, worldwide. Having recently celebrated over 100 years in business, they still maintain their strong family values and this is clearly reflected across their workforce of over 3,000. They’re at the forefront of food innovation and new industry trends.
Due to an internal promotion, they’re looking to recruit a Specifications Manager to lead, manage and meet customer technical information within the product information resource.
• Reporting to the European Quality Director within a European Quality and Regulatory team
• Manage, guide and develop a team of experienced Food Specification Technologists
• Play a hands on role in right first time customer specifications and technical information to ensure successful product launch.
• Drive change and continuous improvement within the Product Specifications Department
• Supervising the creation of new raw materials (first evaluation and final business approval)
• Supervising the maintenance of existing raw materials data and communicate changes in finished products to the customers and to internal stakeholders.
• Manage the customer request workflow and allocate resources to meet priorities together with the sales team.
• Play a key role in internal technical advice to the internal development team to ensure products meet customer technical expectations.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with the European and International colleagues to meet business targets.
• Graduate in Food or Science related subject or equivalent
• Excellent knowledge of writing specifications within the food industry
• Experience of leading and motivating an experienced and developed team
• Good ability to multitask and work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
• Good communication skills with internal and external customers and other contacts
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a great business whose family values are instilled throughout.
The role comes with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including excellent pension, healthcare plan, life insurance and child care voucher scheme.
Keywords: Product Information Manager, Specifications Manager, Specification Manager, Senior Specifications Manager, Senior Product Information Manager, Senior Specifications Manager