Packaging Technologist, West Midlands
Location: West Midlands
Job type: Permanent
Packaging Technologist – Health & Beauty
I’m currently working with a well-known and established FMCG manufacturer based who’s branded products can be seen in Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado and Costco. Due to considerable growth, they are looking for a talented Packaging Technologist to join their team.
You will be responsible for the development and industrialisation of all primary and secondary packaging in line with business requirements and timings to ensure the highest level of innovation, quality and commercial benefit for their products. This is a fully autonomous role that sits within the NPD team.
• Liaise with the NPD/Marketing team to ensure you have a full understanding of the briefs and support as required to meet product criteria
• Evaluate designs to ensure that what is presented can be produced. Highlight tooling and decoration limitations and advise alternatives/amendments.
• Approve drawings & artworks; compile & issue component & finished good specifications
• Ensure defined quality and standards are agreed on new projects.
• Ensure that the packaging development & testing processes are clearly defined, documented and well understand to be able to meet business needs
• Ensure that the defined testing & approval procedures are followed, and that any deviations are agreed with Senior Management
• Identify the need for and manage the execution of, line trials and support 1st production ensuring that all the factory requirements are satisfied
• Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of new packaging technologies, techniques and finishes which may provide new / superior commercial or consumer benefits and /or drive production efficiencies
Knowledge & Experience
• Previous experience and a good understanding of health and beauty and gifting packaging would be an advantage, but is not essential
• Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of the technologies used by suppliers in the manufacture of components.
• Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of all printing processes used within the industry.
• Have experience in or have knowledge of machinery used in the filling of components
• A good understanding of technical drawings and basic tool manufacture across a number of industries.
• Clear and deep knowledge of relevant packaging legislation
• Logical, pragmatic & process driven.
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to advance their career with an established brand with an excellent reputation.
The basic salary for the role is £35,000 - £45,000 and the role comes with a discretionary bonus of up to 5%, life assurance, pension and 25 days holiday + 8 bank.
Feel free to call Andy Banks - 0161 833 0181.
Packaging Technologist, Packaging Specialist, Packaging Technician, Packaging Technologist