Job type: Permanent
I’m currently working with a leading manufacturer of functional ingredients who supply into major food, drink and pharmaceutical companies.
As part of their continued growth they are looking to recruit a Chemist to provide analytical support to the site to provide solutions to analytical / process issues, and ensuring daily compliance to production processes, quality management systems, customer specification & COP, legal requirements and food safety standards.
• Calibration of lab test equipment. Use of Hydrochloric and sulphuric acid. Use of Sodium Carbonate and Sodium Hydroxide. Controlling the inversion and neutralization of syrups in vat production. Carry out production related testing - Brix, pH, colour and polarization. Implementation of a positive release production system for all products including blended and sieved sugars, completion of production related documentation.
• Managing a team of two process technicians, putting in a plan to ensure 100% shift coverage - Undertake training related to your area of work.
• Sample preparation and development samples for new or existing products. Product creation functions and preparing specifications for new or existing products. Ensure that all certificates of analysis or conformance are prepared and forwarded to customers as and when required.
• Carrying out in-house analysis using the HPLC and other laboratory equipment to analyze products. Laboratory monthly reportability checks
• Ensure all HACCP procedures are adhered to and documentation is filled in correctly. Ensure that all production documentation is correct for use before any filling of product takes place. Carry out product testing for all areas of production and work to a method of positive release
• Chemistry Background
• Proven track record of work within a laboratory environment. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar post. Food production background HPLC analysis
• Ability to work as part of a team to work flexibly, act on own initiative where appropriate and accept delegated responsibility. Good literacy / numeracy skills Good communication skills Organized with a commitment to quality. Ability to cope with pressure Customer service focused
• Food industry experience
The role comes with a basic salary of up to £30,000, 25 days holiday + 8 bank and a great pension scheme. If you’re looking for a new challenge with a well-known reputable business, don’t hesitate in sending your CV!
Keywords: Chemist, Senior Chemist, Analytical Chemist Development Chemist