NPD Project Manager
Sector: New Product Development
Location: South Coast of England
Job type: Permanent
NPD Project Manager
I’m currently working with a leading manufacturer of cosmetics, hair, fragrance and bath products based in Middlesex. They manufacture leading and well-known brands in the UK and US.
As part of their continued success, they are looking to recruit an NPD Project Manager who will be responsible for the development and execution of new products in the UK market with increasing exposure in US and international markets. This NPD role, positioned within the operations department, will ensure that products ideas briefed by the marketing team are developed and delivered in warehouse in time for launch, achieving required quality level at the right price in line with company targets.
• Develop products briefed by Marketing team in accordance with company’s target and supplier matrix
• Establish clear timelines and ensure relevant teams follow through with tasks by established key dates
• Responsible for all NPD communication with suppliers including explaining projects, gathering costs, coordinating lead-times, requesting samples, sending product specifications, etc
• Daily update of Project Management IT system with new information gathered and updated deadlines
• Ensure all new products have been tested, assessed and approved by Technical/Regulatory Dpt in advance of order placement
• Organise NPD project approval meetings with Directors and relevant key members of the team
• Attend and manage weekly meetings with UK and US teams
• Escalate issues and delays promptly to line manager for speedy resolution
• Re-sourcing of existing products with alternative suppliers whenever required
• At least 2 years’ experience in Cosmetic or Beauty NPD / project management role
• Excellent project management and organisational skills
• Understanding of purchasing and sourcing
• Ability to work under pressure to fast track urgent projects
• Able to work independently while keeping good communication with other teams
The basic salary for the role is up to £40,000. If you’re looking for a new challenge and you have experience in cosmetic / beauty NPD, don’t delay in sending your CV!
Keywords: NPD Manager, New Product Development, New Product Coordinator, New Product Development Project Manager, NPD Project Manager, Beauty, Cosmetics