Location: South West England
Job type: Permanent
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a leading manufacturer who supply to the food and beverage industry with a proud heritage spanning over 50 years. They’re well established and have achieved a strong growth pattern in both volume and diversification. As part of their continued growth plans, they a looking to recruit a Production Planner.
• Plans and prepares Production schedules for the manufacture of intermediate, finished and re-processed products.
• Draws up master schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders
• Analyzes Production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing formulations, processes, and human resource requirements.
• Ensure that works orders and other documentation is issued in a timely manner with minimal delays in line with the production plan and to cover the requirements of sales and stock, to maximise the productivity of the various production departments
• Use order and forecast information on Unity to set the production plan to improve the company OTIF performance. Develop a fixed plan for each production area and continuously monitor the schedule to achieve full adherence.
• Provide lead times for sales orders that are not forecast and inform the Sales Department of delays to manufacturing schedule
• Liaise with Sales Department regarding urgent orders as required
• Keep the Purchasing Department aware of any shortfalls on raw materials as required to meet the plan and fully utilise the production equipment
• Excellent working Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
• Previous experience of Production and Demand planning within a batch manufacturing environment
• Previous experience of working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in food, pharmaceutical or perfume industry
• Highly numerate with strong Excel skills
• Experience in using forecasting software would be advantageous
• Experience of category/Value Stream planning
This is a fantastic opportunity for a great business with big growth plans and lots of opportunity. The role comes with a basic salary of up to £35,000 and a great range of benefits including 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, pension, life insurance and subsidised healthcare cover. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm.
If you’re looking for a new challenge in 2018, don’t hesitate in applying!
Keywords: Production Planner, Planning Manager, Scheduler, Planning Scheduler, Production Scheduler, Demand Planner, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Planner, Materials Planner