Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
I’m currently working with a food and drinks manufacturer located in North West England. With over 30 years’ experience, they now have an annual turnover of over £80m. They operate a broad portfolio across retail, food service, vending and cash and carry.
As part of their continued success, they are looking to recruit a Quality Manager at their packaging site. The role offers full autonomy and the opportunity for an individual who is self-directed to adapt and change current practices to ensure great quality and maximum output.
• Maintain Systems and Procedures in line with Standards, and the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety V7
• Ensure that the Company Quality Management & HACCP System is up to date at all times.
• Ensure that full traceability is maintained at all times and that complete information can be recovered as required from receipt of Ingredient/Material and primary packaging material to shipping finished products with full reconciliation of all parts.
• Ensure that all complaints submitted are investigated and reported on in a timely manner with appropriate and effective corrective and preventative actions implemented where appropriate.
• Interface with suppliers to ensure timely and effective resolution to faults and non-conformances.
• Action all agreed Customer Audit Requirements in required time frame.
• Perform and act upon results of raw material and finished goods testing.
• Control of Quality Assurance Documents.
• Experience at a managerial level (Technical/Quality) in Food Manufacturing.
• Formal Qualification in relevant subject (Food Safety, Food Technology, Microbiology or similar) would be beneficial but not essential.
• Qualified/experienced in HACCP Management Techniques and Application.
• Detailed working knowledge and application of Global Standard for Food Safety.
• Proven experience of working with high profile Major Multiple and Blue Chip food retail and manufacturing customers.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• Able to interact at all levels both internally and externally (Colleagues, customers, Regulatory Agencies and similar).
• Influencing skills.
The salary for the role is £30,000 - £40,000, there are 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a generous contribution matching pension scheme and range of other benefits.
If you’re looking for a new challenge with a great business, or are looking to take a step up, don’t delay in sending your application. You can call Andy on 0161 833 0181 or email email@example.com.
Keywords: Quality Manager, Quality Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Technical Manager, Quality Technician, QA Technician, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Control Manager, QC Manager