Quality Assurance Manager
Location: North West England
Job type: Permanent
Quality Assurance Manager
I’m currently working with a great business who specialise in providing high quality ready meals for supermarkets and the foodservice service. They have a state of the art factory based in the North West and are currently experiencing an exciting time of growth so this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career.
Reporting into the Technical Manager you will manage all aspects of quality assurance so that the best possible procedures are in place which will allow top quality, safe and legal products to be produced at all times. You will manage customer complaints so that not only are solutions found quickly for the customer but also preventative measures put in place to prevent any future recurrence. You will be a proactive and constructive member of the management team.
• Process owner for all company procedures and ensures that these are up to date and fit for purpose at all times.
• All company procedures are meticulously documented, monitored, reviewed and revised as necessary.
• Manages and maintains all aspects of the quality management system, including internal and external audits.
• Ensures that all company marks and accreditations are successfully retained on an annual basis.
• Supplier audits, including the verification of accreditations, are religiously carried out in accordance with the pre-determined timetable and company procedure.
• All complaints are reviewed and both corrective and preventative actions agreed and implemented which will not only solve the initial problem but also prevent it from happening again in the future.
• Liaises proactively with suppliers and customers on technical issues.
• Technical input to new product development and product changes.
• Ensures that complete, accurate and thorough records are kept of all company processes affecting the quality of the product so that full traceability is achieved.
• Works closely with the Factory and Technical Managers to ensure that all factory procedures are fit for purpose and are respected and adhered to by all members of staff.
This role would ideally suit someone who has quality assurance experience within food manufacturing high care or high risk sector although applications are welcome from other food sectors. A food safety Level 3 and HACCAP Level 3 qualification are a minimum requirement. A food science or related degree, HND/HNC or equivalent would be desirable.
This is a fantastic role to join a growing business within a role which includes a high level of influence and autonomy. They’re a great team and want people to join them who are role models for their values and passionate about their products. The ideal candidate will have a great personality to communicate at all levels, be highly organised and interested in personal development in order to stay current in QA.
The basic salary for the role is £23-£28k and the hours will be 7:30am until 4:30pm (40 hours per week) worked Monday to Friday.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to be part of a great business, don’t delay in applying!
Keywords: QA Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, QC Manager, QA Technician, Senior QA Technician, Quality Assurance Technician, Quality Assurance Assistant, Quality Control