Job type: Permanent
I’m currently working with a global leader who distribute a range of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. With a presence in more than 40 countries, they have a great reputation across their sector and pride themselves and providing an unrivalled service. The company culture is entrepreneurial and pioneering and is a great place for development.
They are now looking to recruit a Product Manager who will be a technical expert, to liaise will suppliers and customers utilising the comprehensive and complimentary product range.
• Working alongside Account Managers, helping to maintain and grow sales in the UK & Ireland
• Help formulate food ingredient strategy
• Foster excellent relations with food ingredient suppliers and customers
• Negotiate purchase and sales contracts with suppliers and customers
• Balance the supply/demand of products and manage logistics
• Monitor customer service, technical and product requirements
• Support the development of new distributorships
The ideal candidate will have a food / food ingredient background with experience of handling UK food & beverage suppliers / accounts. This position would ideally suit someone who would be keen to develop the role over a number of years. This is a fast developing area of the business and, as such, offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to utilize and develop their commercial management skills within a dynamic multinational company.
• Dynamic self-starter
• Excellent communications skills.
• Have a Honours degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline
• Have commercial/sales experience and/or a very strong technical food background.
• IT literate.
• Possess the ability to interface effectively with commercial and technical contacts from a range of major international companies.
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and to prioritise accordingly.
• A team worker with a friendly manner.
The role comes with a basic salary of up to £55,000, plus discretionary bonuses of up to 5% (company) and 10% (personal). There is the option to work some days from home for those who aren't located within a reasonable commute.
If you feel you have the skillset for this role, don’t delay in applying!!
Keywords: Technical Sales, Ingredients sales, Food Sales, technical ingredients sales, ingredients supplier, ingredients manufacturer